➡️ 1929: VANOS company starts operating as a retail store, trading industrial products & marine coatings. A family business owned by Konstantinos D. Vanos.
➡️ 1965: The company enters the marine industry supply market with an impressive growth record.
➡️ 1988: VANOS S.A. moves to privately owned premises in the center of Piraeus.
➡️ 1989: The company begins distributing nautical charts and publications, as a British Admiralty Chart Agent.
➡️ 1994: VANOS S.A. established its presence in Safety market, representing top quality brands that specialize in marine, industrial and public sector supplies.
➡️ 1996: VANOS S.A. obtains quality accreditation in accordance with the ISO 9001 Quality Management System.
➡️ 2009: VANOS S.A. relocates to its new 12,500 sq.m. privately owned premises, housing office and warehouse installations. Establishment of the Provisions & Bonded Stores (Fresh, Frozen & Dry stores) Dpt., certified according to the requirements of ISO 22000.
➡️2018: Company Rebranding – The year that marks the beginning of a new era.
Building on the experience gained over the time, the company established its presence, by separating and enriching its business activities to the following sectors: Marine, Industry, Military & Civil Defense and Public Procurement; always in the light of its core business values: commitment to customers’ satisfaction, according to the highest global quality standards.
➡️2019: Establishment of the Complete Management System, comprising of ISO 9001, ISO 22000, ISO 14001, ISO 45001.
Accreditation as an “Authorized Economic Operator–Full” (AEOF) certification, by the World Customs Organization.
➡️ 2020: Opening of the first “VANOS Protect & Defend” Store in Piraeus.
The company becomes an approved NSPA Supplier: G2815.
➡️ 2021: A brand new VANOS Protect & Defend Store at Akti Miaouli in Piraeus is launched.
Attestation of the system of “Principles and Guidelines for Good Distribution Practice of Medical Devices”.
The company becomes a member of the American Hellenic Chamber of Commerce.
The company’s operational procedures’ security and reliability with rgards to its internal & external customers, have been sealed by ISO/IEC 27001 Information Security Management System certification.
➡️ 2022: In the core of shipbuilding of Greece -Perama- the company invests in a retail store, specialized in providing solutions for the light marine industry, as well as yachting services: VANOS Marine Solutions.
We proudly continue our founders’ mission, engaging further with the experience gained and incorporating innovation to our business.
In order to build a healthy relationship with our customers we treat them responsibly in everything we do focusing on advising them regarding our products and services as well as informing them about the importance of safety usage.
We give emphasis on customer feedback and communication which enables innovation and improvement of our operations.
VANOS S.A. believes in vigorous yet fair competition and supports the development of appropriate competition laws. Our business conduct and operations remain in accordance with the principles of fair competition and all applicable regulations.
By maintaining good relationships with all the parties involved in our operations and by constantly improving our business procedures we try reach the maximum business potential. We try to participate in every business and social activity in any given opportunity. This way we strengthen our reputation and social role in our market community.
VANOS S.A. employs over 100 people. The recruitment, training and excellent working conditions of our personel encourages effective team working and stability.
Training helps our employees gain new skills and reach their potential. Our staff regularly participates in seminars and training programs and is always encouraged and supported.
In VANOS S.A., our vision and values guide the way we act. Our people constantly follow the trends, innovations and new services concerning our core business activities in order to develop new strategies and set new targets.
Main goals for the following years are to enhance personal relationships with our clients to the point of receiving direct feedback, reinforce our marketing department to fully support our services, expand our foreign business co-operations in order to establish VANOS S.A. globally.
Please forward your Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Curriculum Vitae (C.V) towards our company Vanos S.A containing personal and private information is with indisputable acknowledgement of the candidate that the said document shall be kept and safeguarded in our Quality and Assurance Department. Once a six months duration has taken place, all Curriculum Vitae (C.V) received within this timespan, shall be deleted from our database. Should candidate wish to have relevant Curriculum Vitae (C.V) deleted within a lesser timespan, they are kindly requested to contact our company at +30-210-4278700 or send e-mail at email@example.com in order to submit relevant request.
For VANOS SA the protection of the natural environment is a top priority. Through the practices it applies, the Company aims to actively contribute to the reduction of its environmental footprint and in this direction implements actions to save energy and minimize pollutants, increase recycling, protect the biodiversity of the ecosystem and the proper use of water.
This commitment is reflected in the HSQE policy adopted by the Company, but also in the ISO 14001 certified environmental management system, that it implements.
The continuous effort to reduce the environmental footprint of VANOS SA, as well as the continuous update of environmental protection measures taken, are reflected in the company’s financial data recorded per year.
ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY PRACTICES AND ACTIONS
- Reduction of electricity consumption through gradual replacement of LED lamps (in progress), as well as through investment in state-of-the-art equipment
- Fully automated ordering process (paperless)
- Warehouse Management System (WMS) and application of barcode scanner technology in the whole range of activities
- Use of movement sensors combined with day-night light sensors for lighting installations across our premises
- Use of recyclable packaging materials
- Electrical, eco-friendly forklifts
- Collection of packaging materials after each goods’ delivery to the vessel, in order to reduce the volume of shipping waste
- Training & awareness of employees in company policy & environmental protection issues
- Member of HEL.M.E.P.A.
- Member of GREEN AWARD Foundation
INDICATORS from 2019 to the first quarter of 2021
- Reduction by 15% in fuel consumption for 2020 compared to 2019
- 40Kgr of household batteries were recycled through the company AFIS 2020 up to the first trimester. 2021
- 210 pieces of ink cartridges up to the first quarter 2021 were recycled
- Truck lubricants and mineral oils are recycled through a licensed partner
- 100% of solid waste is collected, separated into paper, plastic, metal and glass, which are recycled through licensed partners
- Zero customer complaints about environmental issues
- Zero environmental incidents / accidents
- Reduction of Freon consumption in cold storage rooms and refrigerated trucks
In VANOS S.A., we aim to provide a variety of products and services that fulfill our customers and other third parties’ needs, while assuring their quality, in a safely manner towards the employees that VANOS S.A. engages and, at the same time, towards the environment.
We hereby assure that all provisions, stores, charts and publications that are provided by VANOS are in accordance to the policies that we apply and follow, always with respect to the current regulatory and legislative scheme in force. As an organization, our everyday operating activities are similarly, always conducted with respect to the applicable laws and regulations, whilst considering the prerequisites and requirements that may be set by our external customers/ partners.
VANOS S.A. therefore applies a Complete Management System (CMS) that complies with the International Standards as per BS EN ISO 9001:2015, BS EN ISO 22000:2018, BS EN ISO 14001:2015 and BS EN ISO 45001:2018.
To achieve constant development and growth, sequence of specific and measurable goals has been established, as follows:
1. To comply with the applicable quality requirements with regards to the products and services that we offer, while in constant communication with our customers and other third parties involved
2. To comply with the applicable Laws and Regulations
3. To extend our customer and product portfolios
4. To provide timely, accurate and efficient services to our customers
5. To enhance our market share
6. To raise customer satisfaction levels
7. To minimize the complaints rate
8. To eliminate non-conformities
9. To constantly improve our facilities, machinery and equipment
10. To eliminate accidents in the workplace
11. To achieve constant improvement of the working conditions and environment of VANOS S.A.
12. To safely prepare and develop the activities by and within VANOS S.A.
13. To promote the health and safety of our internal customers/ employees
14. To preserve the environment by diminishing any potential negative effects occurring by our daily operations
15. To follow a systematic waste management treatment plan
16. To raise environmental awareness of our customers and other third parties involved, with regards to the protection of the environment and the biosphere in general
17. To achieve constant development and growth.
As set hereabove, the goals are subject to revisiting periodically.
The Management team of VANOS S.A. is committed to thoroughly applying the CMS procedures at the company’s everyday activities, by the total of its employees. As a result, the proper selection of machinery and equipment has been achieved, and continuous training of the personnel engaged in VANOS S.A. has been a priority at all times. Similarly, a set of metrics and controls has been implemented, so as to monitor and control effectiveness, areas for improvement and corrective activities in case required, to support the conduct of internal auditing as well.
96, Dim. Moutsopoulou & Serifou str.185 41, Piraeus – Greece
53-55, Akti Miaouli str.
Tel. +30 216 3002815-16
Piraeus – Greece
223, Dimokratias Av.
Tel. +30 210 0107200
+30 210 4413584
Perama – Greece
89A, Dim. Moutsopoulou str.
Piraeus – Greece