We Know Supplies
With us, your business in not just business ... It's personal, it's family business!
You know ships, we know supplies!
VANOS S.A., started operating as a retail store in 1929. A family business owned by Konstantinos D. Vanos dealing with the trade of industrial products.
- In the early 60’s, the successors of Konstantinos Vanos, Dimitris and Stelios joined the company and successfully entered marine industry, supplying and distributing deck engine & cabin stores having business expanded with every passing year.
- In 1988, VANOS S.A. moves to a privately owned building in the centre of Piraeus and in 1989 the company initiates the distribution of nautical charts and publications as a British Admiralty Chart Agent.
- In 1994, VANOS S.A. expands in safety products representing top quality brands. Consequently, the company expands in industrial and public sector supplies.
- In 1996, Vanos S.A. obtains quality accreditation according to Quality Management Systems ISO 9001:2008.
- In 2009 VANOS S.A. relocates to its new privately owned offices and warehouse installations, while at the same time establishes the new Provisions and Bonded Stores Department accredited with the Food Safety Management Systems ISO 22000:2005 by Lloyd’s Register Quality Assurance.
VANOS S.A. today, with a vast range of recognized products, can supply customers from all marine industry, general industry and public sector fields. The company’s main offices and warehouse in Piraeus occupy 12,500 sq.m. in which more than 100 people are employed. The company grows constantly by undertaking new representations, making new co-operations, enriching its product catalogue and expanding in every possible way.
VANOS S.A., emphasizes on perfect service and feedback. Providing quality and variety in a very demanding market while trying to be accurate and efficient, the company aims in building up relationships of trust and respect.
VANOS S.A. departments represent a wide portfolio of brands popular across the globe.
- GENERAL SHIP SUPPLIES
- HOTEL AND CATERING MANAGEMENT
- PROVISIONS & BONDED STORES
- HOUSE & TRAVEL
- LUXURY YACHT SUPPLIES
- INDUSTRIAL PRODUCTS
- SAFETY & SECURITY EQUIPMENT
- NAUTICAL CHARTS & PUBLICATIONS
- TRAINING FACILITIES
In order to build a healthy relationship with our customers we treat them responsibly in everything we do focusing on advising them regarding our products and services as well as informing them about the importance of safety usage.
We give emphasis on customer feedback and communication which enables innovation and improvement of our operations.
VANOS S.A. believes in vigorous yet fair competition and supports the development of appropriate competition laws. Our business conduct and operations remain in accordance with the principles of fair competition and all applicable regulations.
By maintaining good relationships with all the parties involved in our operations and by constantly improving our business procedures we try reach the maximum business potential. We try to participate in every business and social activity in any given opportunity. This way we strengthen our reputation and social role in our market community.
VANOS S.A. employs over 100 people. The recruitment, training and excellent working conditions of our personel encourages effective team working and stability.
Training helps our employees gain new skills and reach their potential. Our staff regularly participates in seminars and training programs and is always encouraged and supported.
In VANOS S.A., our vision and values guide the way we act. Our people constantly follow the trends, innovations and new services concerning our core business activities in order to develop new strategies and set new targets.
Main goals for the following years are to enhance personal relationships with our clients to the point of receiving direct feedback, reinforce our marketing department to fully support our services, expand our foreign business co-operations in order to establish VANOS S.A. globally.
Please forward your Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Curriculum Vitae (C.V) towards our company Vanos S.A containing personal and private information is with indisputable acknowledgement of the candidate that the said document shall be kept and safeguarded in our Quality and Assurance Department. Once a six months duration has taken place, all Curriculum Vitae (C.V) received within this timespan, shall be deleted from our database. Should candidate wish to have relevant Curriculum Vitae (C.V) deleted within a lesser timespan, they are kindly requested to contact our company at +30-210-4278700 or send e-mail at email@example.com in order to submit relevant request.
For VANOS SA the protection of the natural environment is a top priority. Through the practices it applies, the Company aims to actively contribute to the reduction of its environmental footprint and in this direction implements actions to save energy and minimize pollutants, increase recycling, protect the biodiversity of the ecosystem and the proper use of water.
This commitment is reflected in the HSQE policy adopted by the Company, but also in the ISO 14001 certified environmental management system, that it implements.
The continuous effort to reduce the environmental footprint of VANOS SA, as well as the continuous update of environmental protection measures taken, are reflected in the company’s financial data recorded per year.
ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY PRACTICES AND ACTIONS
- Reduction of electricity consumption through gradual replacement of LED lamps (in progress), as well as through investment in state-of-the-art equipment
- Fully automated ordering process (paperless)
- Warehouse Management System (WMS) and application of barcode scanner technology in the whole range of activities
- Use of movement sensors combined with day-night light sensors for lighting installations across our premises
- Use of recyclable packaging materials
- Electrical, eco-friendly forklifts
- Collection of packaging materials after each goods’ delivery to the vessel, in order to reduce the volume of shipping waste
- Training & awareness of employees in company policy & environmental protection issues
- Member of HEL.M.E.P.A.
- Member of GREEN AWARD Foundation
INDICATORS from 2019 to the first quarter of 2021
- Reduction by 15% in fuel consumption for 2020 compared to 2019
- 40Kgr of household batteries were recycled through the company AFIS 2020 up to the first trimester. 2021
- 210 pieces of ink cartridges up to the first quarter 2021 were recycled
- Truck lubricants and mineral oils are recycled through a licensed partner
- 100% of solid waste is collected, separated into paper, plastic, metal and glass, which are recycled through licensed partners
- Zero customer complaints about environmental issues
- Zero environmental incidents / accidents
- Reduction of Freon consumption in cold storage rooms and refrigerated trucks
In VANOS S.A., we aim to provide a variety of products and services that fulfill our customers and other third parties’ needs, while assuring their quality, in a safely manner towards the employees that VANOS S.A. engages and, at the same time, towards the environment.
We hereby assure that all provisions, stores, charts and publications that are provided by VANOS are in accordance to the policies that we apply and follow, always with respect to the current regulatory and legislative scheme in force. As an organization, our everyday operating activities are similarly, always conducted with respect to the applicable laws and regulations, whilst considering the prerequisites and requirements that may be set by our external customers/ partners.
VANOS S.A. therefore applies a Complete Management System (CMS) that complies with the International Standards as per BS EN ISO 9001:2015, BS EN ISO 22000:2018, BS EN ISO 14001:2015 and BS EN ISO 45001:2018.
To achieve constant development and growth, sequence of specific and measurable goals has been established, as follows:
1. To comply with the applicable quality requirements with regards to the products and services that we offer, while in constant communication with our customers and other third parties involved
2. To comply with the applicable Laws and Regulations
3. To extend our customer and product portfolios
4. To provide timely, accurate and efficient services to our customers
5. To enhance our market share
6. To raise customer satisfaction levels
7. To minimize the complaints rate
8. To eliminate non-conformities
9. To constantly improve our facilities, machinery and equipment
10. To eliminate accidents in the workplace
11. To achieve constant improvement of the working conditions and environment of VANOS S.A.
12. To safely prepare and develop the activities by and within VANOS S.A.
13. To promote the health and safety of our internal customers/ employees
14. To preserve the environment by diminishing any potential negative effects occurring by our daily operations
15. To follow a systematic waste management treatment plan
16. To raise environmental awareness of our customers and other third parties involved, with regards to the protection of the environment and the biosphere in general
17. To achieve constant development and growth.
As set hereabove, the goals are subject to revisiting periodically.
The Management team of VANOS S.A. is committed to thoroughly applying the CMS procedures at the company’s everyday activities, by the total of its employees. As a result, the proper selection of machinery and equipment has been achieved, and continuous training of the personnel engaged in VANOS S.A. has been a priority at all times. Similarly, a set of metrics and controls has been implemented, so as to monitor and control effectiveness, areas for improvement and corrective activities in case required, to support the conduct of internal auditing as well.
96, Dim. Moutsopoulou & Serifou str.185 41, Piraeus – Greece
General Commercial Registry:
89A, Dim. Moutsopoulou str. , 18541 Piraeus – Greece
53-55, Akti Miouli str. , 18536 Piraeus – Greece