AVAILABLE Q3 2018 – LinkEx™ LED ATEX Emergency
Zones: 1, 2, 21 and 22
Temporary Emergency Luminaire retains all the benefits of the existing LX-400 range of LED Temporary Luminaires – including the unique SOVI (Safe Optimal Voltage Indicator) system – and in addition provides increased safety by automatically switching to the battery power source should there be any interruption to the normal power supply.
Running on the built in battery supply, light will be emited at a reduced level for 3 hours, allowing safe evacuation of the hazardous area.
The new LinkEx™ LED Temporary Emergency Luminaire will be CE marked to the ATEX Directive and IECEx Certified for safe use in Zones 1 and 2 potentially explosive gas and dust atmospheres, where a T4 temperature class permits.
Giving high quality ambient lighting, each unit utilises two arrays of high powered LEDs to give a brilliant white light output, high reliability and a low maintenance, ‘fitted for life’, light source.
The luminaires will be supplied in a ‘180°’ format with the LED arrays positioned side-by-side to give effective unidirectional illumination.
Lightweight, compact and robust, the luminaire has impact resistant end caps and tube (with anti-static and light diffusing coatings).
High visibility, chemical resistant, shock absorbing bump rings minimise the risk of drop damage.
An ATEX socket can be fitted to allow multiple lamps to be quickly and safely connected and positioned in a chain whilst energised.
Available in HV 90-264V AC/DC and LV 18-54V AC/DC (for use in confined space applications, such as metal tanks with a higher risk of electric shock).
The wide input voltage ranges maximise usability and safety for chains of multiple lights or for long cable runs, where supply voltage can drop.
The unique SOVI (Safe Optimal Voltage Indicator) monitoring system clearly indicates when the supply voltage is operating outside the specified limits – the light will pulse dimmer if the supply voltage is above the specified limit, and brighter if below the specified limit.
Features & Benefits
• If the power supply fails the emergency light switches automatically to battery power
• 3 hours battery duration (at reduced light output) to allow emergency evacuation
• To be ATEX and IECEx certified for use in Zones 1 and 2 explosive gas and dust atmospheres
• High power, low maintenance LED light source ‘Fitted for Life’
• High and low input voltage versions available
• Incorporates unique SOVI (Safe Optimal Voltage Indicator) monitor
• Available with ATEX plugs and sockets to link in series/chain
• Compact and robust design
• Low power consumption
• Wide range of fixing and mounting accessories available
• Product Reference LX-400E (Emergency) – Available From Q3 2018
• Product Description LinkEx LED ATEX Emergency Temporary Luminaire
• Emergency Low Voltage (LV)
• Emergency High Voltage (HV)
II 2 GD Ex e mb op is IIC T4 Gb (-20°C to +55°C)
Ex t IIIC T135°C Db IP67
II 2 GD Ex e mb d op is IIC T4 Gb (-20°C to +55°C)
Ex t IIIC T135°C Db IP66
• Type of Protection “e” increased safety, “mb” encapsulation, “d” flameproof
• Area of Classification Zones 1 & 2, Gas Groups IIA, IIB, IIC
• Temperature Class T4
• Area of Classification Zones 21 & 22
• Max Surface Temp (Dust) 135°C
• Ambient Temperature -20°C to +55°C
• Enclosure and Lens Polycarbonate with Anti-static Coating
• Beam Type Wide Angle, Diffused Area Light 180°
• Light Source: Type LED
Life Over 60,000 hrs
Power 24VAC ≈27W (42VA)
Output Up to 2400lm, (output on emergency battery is 1200lm)
• Input Voltage 18-54V AC/DC 90-264V AC
• Weight 3.2kg without cable 3.2kg without cable
• Length 0.7m
• Ingress Protection Non-Linkable (No Socket) IP67 / Linkable (Socket Fitted) IP66
• Included Hanging Straps
The technical storage or access is strictly necessary for the legitimate purpose of enabling the use of a specific service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user, or for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network.
The technical storage or access is necessary for the legitimate purpose of storing preferences that are not requested by the subscriber or user.
The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for statistical purposes.The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for anonymous statistical purposes. Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, information stored or retrieved for this purpose alone cannot usually be used to identify you.
The technical storage or access is required to create user profiles to send advertising, or to track the user on a website or across several websites for similar marketing purposes.